Little Drummer Boys and Girls

This week we started to make our drums for our upcoming Earth Day celebration. We are making the drums and mallets all from recycled materials! They sound great. We hope you can join us for our drumming circle on Friday, April 21! Stay tuned to see how they turn out!

20170404-092643.jpg

20170404-092653.jpg

20170404-092701.jpg

How are we making our drums? What symbols are you using on your drum and why?

Have you ever made a musical instrument out of recycled materials before? If you have, what was it?

39 thoughts on “Little Drummer Boys and Girls

1. Dear Mrs. Kostiuk no I have not made an instrument out of recycled materials before but I wont to make a guitar from savannah

2. Dear Mrs. Kostiuk we made our drums by getting coffee cans and making the paper up a million times and glue it on the coffee can and opps before you put the paper on you have to take the lid off.

From Ara

3. Dear Mrs. Kostiuk
    I have not made any musicale interments out of recycled things
    but my Brother let me use his coffee can
    from Carmyn

4. dear Mrs. kostiuk on my drum Id put some feathers teepees and diamond stickers the teepee stands for the aboriginal life the diamond stickers makes it look pretty the feathers also makes it look pretty
    from summer

5. Dear MRS kostiuk we made a drum out of a tin can. we used a bag and made lether and wrapped it around it with glue. from levi

6. dear Mrs. kotuiok
    I have never made an instrmint but I have red a book about a person how
    made a instrmint.
    from marlee.

7. Dear Mrs.Kostiuk i have made a set of Drums before, out of glass peanut butter jars, hot glue, and sharpie. There were 3 jars but one of them pealed off. Love Lark!

8. Dear Mrs kostiuk how we made are drums is we got a cofey can and papar and we scrumpeld papar and glooed it on from ilan