- Always write in full sentences and words, please – no slang!
- Students will only be identified by first names. All comments should have first names only.
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. i.e. Please identify yourself in comments as “Linda – Jake’s mom” rather than “Linda Smith – Jake’s mom”.
- All comments will be approved by Mrs. Kostiuk before they are included on the blog.
- All comments should be proof-read. Students should have a family member check for spelling mistakes before submitting a comment from home.
- Others’ work, images, music or videos will not be used without permission and credit.
- All comments must be polite, respectful and courteous.
How To Comment
- Click on the heading of the post you wish to comment on
- Scroll down until you can see the “Leave a Comment” section
- You will be asked for your name (you can use a nickname) and email address (you don’t have to enter an email address.)
- If you’re a student, be sure to only use your first name
- You will also need to write the “spam word” in the anti-spam box
- proofread your comment for any mistakes
- Click “submit comment”
- Your comment WILL NOT appear on the blog right away. It is sent to Mrs. Kostiuk via e-mail to approve first. If your comment is appropriate it will appear soon on the blog!
How to write a Good Quality Comment:
- Write your comment like a letter starting off with “Dear Mrs. Kostiuk’s class” or “Dear Mrs. Kostiuk” and end it with a closing with your first name only.
- Compliment the writer in a specific way, ask a question, and/or add new information to the post.
- Write your comment about the post. There are often ideas at the bottom of the post about what you could comment about.
- Check your comment for correct spelling, spacing and punctuation before you submit it.
- Don’t reveal any personal information about yourself in your comment. Be sure to use your first name only, no last names please.
- Be polite, respectful, and courteous!
Check out this youtube for more examples of how to write a quality comment.