Getting Ready for the Science Fair

Mrs. Rice has shared some photos of our class getting ready for the Science Fair coming up next week!

IMG_0774 IMG_0773 IMG_0772 IMG_0771

The Grade 3’s in our class have each chosen a project and the Grade 2’s are doing a joint project together. Make sure you come and check out our Science Fair on Thursday, May 28!

I miss you all and hope to come for a visit soon.

Love, Mrs. Kostiuk

What project are you working on for the Science Fair?

What have you been growing in the greenhouse?

48 thoughts on “Getting Ready for the Science Fair

1. Dear Mrs K
    In the greenhouse I am growing marigolds.

My science fair project is butterflies and plants.

I miss you
    From Ty🌼😀

• Dear Ty,
      Thank you for the message this morning! Marigolds are great. I just planted some bright yellow ones in my garden.
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

2. Dear Mrs K. I am wrking on the spitr plant evre buty in my family has thar uown plant iksept me so naw I finale got my on plant. Man I miss you like a lot.

From your frend Tsuyoshi

• Dear Tsuyoshi,
      Your comments make me smile, thank you. I am very happy that you will finally have your own plant. You should give it a name. Remember the book we read last year, “The Plant That Ate Dirty Socks”? What do you think :)?
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

3. Dear Mrs. Kostiuk

I have grown garlic.
    I am working on garlic.
    I am making garlic bread.
    I miss you to.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    from Evan

• Dear Evan,
      Thank you for the message earlier, too. I LOVE garlic and garlic bread will be so yummy! Do you think you will grow it at home, too?
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

4. Dear Mrs. K

I miss you a lot!! I’m so happy that your visiting us soon! I’m growing Beets!! The Beets I’m growing are different colors and designs, there’s ones that are white and pink/red. I think there is a normal one and a one I can’t remember. there are two of each kind, Beet 1, Beet 2, Beet 3.
    miss you so much.
    From Presley

• Dear Presley,
      Thanks for all of the information, wow! Have you been checking on them every day in the greenhouse? I like to see you girls working on your boards. I bet they will look great! What are you going to do with all of your beets?
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

• dear Mrs. Kostiuk

my mom and my brother all love beets! so we’re probably are going to plant them in our garden! !YAY! can’t wait to see you soon!

from
        Presley

• Dear Guy,
      Your cosmos sound like they are growing really well! I wonder how big they will get 🙂
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

• Dear Leah,
      I just got a bunch of rhubarb from my friend and made a pie! What are you going to do with your rhubarb?
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

5. Dear Mrs. Kosituk,
    For the science fair I am groing st will /lunapins/foxglove/ petunia/sunflower.
    I rilly miss you
    from AVA

• Dear Ava,
      Sounds like you are growing many different things – wow! Way to go :). I bet they are beautiful.
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

6. Dear Mrs. K

I really MISS YOU I hope I see you soon. I wish you were here with us. And I hope you can come to the science fair. Hope to see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am growing lots of different flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FROM KIERA

• Dear Kiera,
      I wish I was there, too, but I will see you all soon. What kinds of different flowers are you growing? What project did you decide on?
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

7. Dear Mrs. K
    I am working on a plant that is pirpol wen it trns pirpol I know it is oldir then the grena wons .

From trista 🙂

• Dear Trista,
      These plants sound like they are very pretty. What are you going to do with them after the science fair? I remember your brother planted his project at home in your garden 🙂
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

• Dear Ashton,
      I love sunflowers. They are one of my favourite flowers. I wonder how tall it will grow before the science fair?
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

• Dear Joe,
      Blueberries, yum, you are lucky! How big is your blueberry plant? Do you think you will plant it at home?
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

8. dear mrs k,

I am growing a potato plant.
    I like the ipod and listening to How To Train Your Dragon soundtrack.

from issiah

• Dear Issiah,
      I’m glad you are growing a potato plant. How tall is it? Have you been spending time in the greenhouse taking care of the plants?
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

9. Dear Mrs. Kostiuk:

I’m growing Asters and my Aster is 7cm!

Our since project is Beautiful Butterfly Garden!

From Liam

• Dear Rosie,
      When do you think the corn will grow? What food are you going to make with it for the science fair?
      From Mrs. Kostiuk

10. Dear Mrs. Kostiuk,

Your class has been working so hard on their science projects. They have all been trying their very best to do a great job. You would be so proud of them! They all miss you very much and are looking so forward to you coming for a visit. Do not worry about them because Mrs. Rice is taking very good care of them. Take care and see you soon.

From Mrs. Wiebe