April is Autism Awareness Month

Our focus in the We CAN Be Friends program this year has been perspective. We got to try many different fun activities such as wearing 3D glasses and looking at the book:

Sonja Maylyn 3D glasses

Did the 3D glasses change your perspective of the book?

Next, we got to make our own glasses to show how we each have our own perspectives that are different from each other.

In another class, we read and talked about filling each other’s buckets.

We also discussed what makes a good friend and why each of us value certain qualities in a friend.

What is important to you in a friend?

April 2 is Light It Up Blue for Autism Awareness and our school will be wearing blue and taking a walk around the neighbourhood. 

Why should we promote Autism Awareness?

8 thoughts on “April is Autism Awareness Month

1. Dear Mrs kostiuk.

What’s important about my freind is that he plays with me all the time.
    I think that we should spread the atizime awareness cus every Body is difrint.

FromEvan

2. hi Mrs. Kostiuk it has been a long time sence we have seen each other the grade 2 3 look like they had fun with you I really miss you from 2012 been 3 years sence I was in grade 3 you had my brother draden in your class to I am now going into grade 6 and I am so scared well have a graet summer.

from. Chassidy

• Dear Chassidy,

It is so nice to hear from you. I can’t believe you are going into grade 6 – wow! It can be scary starting something new, but I am sure it will be great once you get into it. Say hi to Draden for me, too. Keep in touch 🙂

From Mrs. Kostiuk