‘Tis the Season to Give

This past week our class, along with Mrs. Sharpe’s class and Mrs. Taggart’s class, put together 60 shoeboxes to send to less fortunate children in other countries around the world. Each shoebox was filled with school supplies, toys, candy and hygiene items. This year, shoeboxes will be sent to children in Costa Rica, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Uruguay, and Venezuela – wow!

20131124-220952.jpg

20131124-221037.jpg

20131124-221050.jpg

20131124-221111.jpg

20131124-221804.jpg

20131124-222213.jpg

Why is it important to give to others?

How do you think someone would feel when they opened up a shoebox that we filled?

One thought on “‘Tis the Season to Give

1. Dear Mrs. Kostiuk,

I was so pleased to see all the boxes that the students packed. What a wonderful surprise so many children will receive on Christmas morning. They will feel happy and special.

Your class has learned that giving to others is a way of making themselves feel good too.

Isn’t it amazing how a little class in a little school in a small town could reach out to such far away places to share the Spirit of Christmas?

Your class should be very proud of themselves, I am and I am also sure you are proud of them.

From Kiera’s Mom