Building Structures

To wrap up our science unit, we have been building structures in our classroom over the last couple of weeks. Here are some structures we built with newspaper and masking tape to hold up our friend “Barnabee the Bee”

IMG_2678 IMG_2681This week we have been creating bridges with popsicle sticks and tape to see whose bridge can hold the most weight:

IMG_2777 IMG_2779 IMG_2781 IMG_2783How do you think you could make your structure stronger? 

What have you learned about structures?

12 thoughts on “Building Structures

1. Dear mrs k

Our newspaper structers would be stronger if the newspaper was already roled into sticks of paper and the bridges would be stronger if we had more tape. I also learned that bigger structers need bigger bases.

from eden:)

2. Dear Mrs.kotuik

Me and my partner billt a brigd that was pretty strong. Whith more tape we can make it hold more wate’s. I know whith more peesis the place will stand up more better.

3. Dear mrs kostiuk
    I knowthat wen you add more tape or popsicle stick s it

mas it stronger. and I themk thatI need more tap.

from kiera

4. Dear.Mrs. Kostiuk
    Sakari and my bridge helled up the most wait. I learned that you have to put alot of thot into the structures to make it safe I addid more tape to make shere that my bridge stay up. From Olivia

5. Dear Mrs. kostuk

Sakari and Olivia held the most. They held 1400g wawe!. Puat the popakolstiks
    to gather.

from Parker
    from Parker