Meet the World’s Largest Bat

We are nearing the end of our novel, Silverwing. We have been learning a lot about bats through our novel, other books, and a bat presentation. Check out the video below to learn more about the world’s largest bat!

What did you learn about the world’s largest bat?

How do you think Silverwing is going to end?

16 thoughts on “Meet the World’s Largest Bat

1. Dear Mrs. Kostiuk

I learned that the fllying fox is the bigest bat in the world they live in trees i think that they are going to get kot

2. I learned that the flying fox has to crey thair babbys and that the black flying fox does not uoos its ecolocashen. I think that the book is going to end when or if shade finds his colony and that mrena is going to met the colony and will be welcom in the colony.

3. Dear mrs.kostouk I learnd that the flying fox carries there baby.I think on silverwing I think it will end by finding shads coleny.

4. dear mrs.k i learned that the fiying fox is tall as mr.Mousseau. I think Silverwing is going to end by shade finding his colony

from kaelan

• Dear Caetlyn,

I am excited to hear that you have some bat facts that you have been working on at home. I hope that you bring them to school to share with us!

From Mrs. Kostiuk

5. Dear Mrs.Kostiuk,
    I don’t know if you remember me but its Chassidy, I was in your class from the year 2012 to 213, I had a blast. Honestly I miss those younger years, I am in grade nine now and I will always remember the impact that grade 3 had on my life my last year before middle school.
    Thank you some much

• Dear Chassidy,
      It is so nice to hear from you! Of course I remember you! You were a part of my very first class and that is very special to me. I cannot believe you are all in grade nine now – wow! Thank you for your kind words. I hope you are well.
      From Mrs. Kostiuk